Monday, March 12, 2012

Project 52, Week 10: Be Still

There is a wonderful place to be still tucked neatly into a green corner of East Memphis.




Like its sisters around the world (such as the famous one in France's Chartres Cathedral), the labyrinth at Second Baptist Church encourages the journey inward - to the very center of our inmost being - and the journey outward - back out into the world in which we live. Unlike many of its sisters, this labyrinth provides a bench in the middle for stopping and resting in between.


Sitting here, I remembered the way I once saw Psalm 46:10a written out on "The Homespun Heart:"

Be...
Be still...
Be still and...
Be still and know...
Be still and know that...
Be still and know that I...
Be still and know that I am...
Be still and know that I am God.


I hope you find time and place today to be still.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

1 comment:

Beth Zimmerman said...

This is beautiful. I especially liked the verse at the end. Some days life gets so busy. It's important to remember to be still!